Thursday, January 25, 2007

These dreams go on when I close my eyes....

In life, I like to believe that I am a creative person. Always trying to mix it up a little, keep 'em guessing.

Have I mentioned that in life, I am also always generally happy?

My dreams are a whole 'nother story.

I have been plagued by recurring, stressful dreams since childhood. My childhood dreams were one of two: my mother was a villain who was trying to kill me, or, I exit a day care establishment to find everyone gone. These are two of the worst scenarios imaginable for a little kid, I would imagine.

The recurring dreams of my adult years include the following: I have a final in a class that my graduation is dependent upon, but I have never attended the class; the toilet is overflowing; I have somewhere to get to and no clothes tha fit (my friend Gail is often in these, trying to help); husband is cheating on me and we are divorcing and he is nonplussed, and all of my teeth are loose or falling out (this last one is accompanies by clenching and grinding).

As a parent, sleep is golden. However, the fact that mine is riddled with anxiety is a cruel twist. It's akin to living a whole other life that is not really yours, and it aint a good one.

Does anyone have good dreams that they don't want to wake up from?

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the teeth dream all the time. The other night I had a dream that I was flying - that was nice. Mostly my dreams are horrifying though if that makes you feel any better!

- T

 
At 1:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd say the "someone has stolen my baby - WHERE IS MY BABY???!!" dream awakens me about every other week. horrible.

 
At 12:43 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh - also forgot about intruder dreams. That is like every other night.

- T

 
At 8:59 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I) remember often as a little girl and sometimes still falling asleep and I presume it is a half sleep I am in when my body jerks in shock. Either it is the walking-the-red-carpet-in-Hollywood and falling or it is the falling-in-a-deeeep-black-hole. Whatever it is my body jerks so hard my husband once did the same when he was frightened by my jerk. -he is 192 cm tall (rather tall) and is only scared of the red jellyfish …

*staying awake*
Sophie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home