Saturday, July 22, 2006

Welcome to Mama Dramas

After a whole year of motherhood, my swirling stories have finally taken over the space in my brain, and need to spill out somewhere. Welcome to Mama Dramas - a compilation of creative non fiction and journal entries for mamas and non-mamas alike.

I have a daughter named Chloe, a husband I'll call A and a whole cast of characters that have been with me on this journey of parenthood and otherwise. One of the hardest things in embracing motherhood has been some identity crises which many women speak of -- the abandonment of things as small as time for the deep conditioner to take effect and as large as the farewell to the intimately amazing twosome that Abs and I had together. I have used writing to allay some of my own concerns, and reading to validate others, and hope I can provide a few out there with similar comfort, companionship, or the need to say
"hells, yeah!"

Enjoy.